Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
November 13, 2016
Watch Garry Brantley’s message 2 of 4 from November 13, 2016 in the Beyond Our Walls series.
November 6, 2016
Watch Garry Brantley’s message 1 of 4 from November 6, 2016 in the Beyond Our Walls series.
Watch the entire service, and hear Garry Brantley’s message on October 23 encouraging CrossBridge to go “Beyond Our Walls.”
Watch Garry Brantley’s message on September 11 as we launched the “Beyond Our Walls” campaign.
An Interview With Chris Smith
Garry Brantley sits down with Chris Smith to discuss The Carpenter’s Plan, and how they are able to help churches like Crossbridge with a campaign, to turn their vision into a reality.
CrossBridge In The Community
Testimonies from members of the Leadership Team
Sarah & Stuart Watson
*Education & Students
*Finance & Celebration
*Alumni & Follow Up
Frequently Asked Questions
What are we actually going to do?
The proposed project has 3 components.
- Building Renovation which includes reconﬁguring the children’s wing, expanding the youth area and foyer, installing a refreshment center, and providing an additional entrance.
- Property development which involves walking trails with prayer/rest niches, and an outdoor professional grade playground and patio for church and community use.
- Multi-purpose building with space for adult education/seminars, fellowship activities, and community outreach.
Why are we doing this project?
- First, we believe that the 16 acres on which our current facilities exist is a divine gift. As with all gifts, we believe we should use it to God’s glory.
- Second, for some time we have sensed the Spirit’s nudge to move more intentionally into our vision of serving and reaching the unchurched in our area. In recent months, we have made inroads into the apartment complexes next to our facilities, hosting a number of activities for the residents. In addition, we’ve refocused events, such at the Santa Breakfast, Parks and Restoration and VBS with an intentional eye toward our neighbors.
- The proposed project will assist us in creating more opportunities to reach out to our surrounding neighborhoods.
- Finally, God has blessed our Children’s and Student ministries with much growth. The proposed renovations to our current facilities will address overcrowded classrooms, ensuring that our children and students have adequate space for current activities, and for future growth. Also, these renovations will provide more space for broader and deeper connection within our church family. The multipurpose facility will offer much needed space for adult education/seminars and community outreach.
How much is all of this going to cost?
- The above-stated projects will cost an estimated $2 Million ($500,000 for property development and $1,500,000 for multi-purpose facility).
How are we going to pay for the project?
- By means of a capital campaign, we will raise these funds by the sacriﬁcial ﬁnancial pledges and contributions of our members, collected over a 3-year period. These pledges will be over and above our regular contribution. Our commitment to the regular operating budget is separate from the campaign pledges.
What about our current debt?
- We will not incur any additional debt; we will complete only what the pledged and collected funds allow. Any funds raised over our goal will be used to reduce our current debt. At our current rate, we will retire our existing debt in 8 years. Ultimately, our ﬁscal goal is to be completely debt free, providing funds for increased ministry and mission opportunities.
How will the capital campaign work?
- On December 4, 2016, will make our ﬁnancial commitments toward the project. These pledges will be collected over a 3-year period, ending in December, 2019. During the next few months, we collectively and individually will engage in much prayer, study, and listening to God regarding the amount we should pledge. The amount you pledge will be between you and God alone as you listen for His direction. All pledges will be held in strict conﬁdence—no one’s individual pledge will be made public.
- On December 11, we will celebrate the total amount pledged.
Will I be expected to make a pledge?
- It is vital that every member participate in the process, no matter what amount you and God decide to pledge. While this campaign involves fundraising, this process primarily is about deeper connection and unity, and becoming more passionate about our vision to reach the unchurched. Everyone is essential for this process to have the spiritual impact we desire. Your ﬁnancial participation will be entirely voluntary; you will not be pressured in any way. We only ask that you pray, keeping an open mind and heart to the Lord’s leading.
What does success look like?
- While there is a ﬁnancial component to the campaign, its primary purpose is not about bricks and mortar. God has called us to reach the nations with the good news of Jesus. This mission begins at home and reaches into all the world (Acts 1:8). We pray that, through the campaign process, we will become more committed to reaching the unchurched in our area, as well as creating deeper connection and unity within our body of believers. When this occurs, the process will be a resounding success. Whatever the ﬁnancial amount raised over the pledged period, we will give God the glory and praise. Should we fall short of our goal, we will revise our plans and move forward with what God has provided, being equally thankful for God’s provision.
Why are we conducting a $2 million campaign when we are not meeting our current budget?
- The last time CrossBridge conducted a campaign was in 2002. About 80 families raised around $800,000 to secure the funds to construct our current facilities. These facilities have served us well for the past 13 years, but now are in need of renovation and expansion to facilitate our vision. For nearly 3 years the shepherds have been praying and discussing the prospects of a capital campaign. While there never appears to be an ideal time to launch a major fundraising process, the leadership believes that God has now called our church family to move “Beyond Our Walls” to enhance our kingdom work. Regarding the budgetary shortfall, we are optimistic. Every year we experience giving slumps during certain seasons. While our contributions are a bit short of our budget at the moment, we are favorable in our expenditures. Since the inception of CrossBridge, we have never spent more than we’ve collected. We expect this shortfall to be made up during the Fall. If necessary, we will adjust our spending to match our contribution. Of course, meeting our operational budget is crucial in order to maintain and grow our ministries. Again, all campaign pledges are over and above our regular contribution. Over the next few months, we encourage all members to give generously, and prayerfully prepare to give regularly toward our ministries in 2017. CrossBridge has proved to be a generous church. We believe God, as He always has, will provide funds for our regular ministry expenses as we move into this campaign.
When will work begin?
- We have contracted with an architect firm to provide the necessary detailed drawings. Once these are complete, then we must obtain quotes from contractors, and secure the necessary permits. It’s difficult to state exactly how long this will take, but we anticipate beginning some of the renovations in the Spring of 2017. The scope of the project, and its completion and schedule will be based on the results of the total funds pledged during our capital campaign.
What if I have questions that aren’t addressed in this brochure?
- We will make more information available throughout the entire process. If you’d like additional information about the campaign, please talk with any of our staff members, shepherds, campaign directors (Eric Bishop and Al Pollard) or campaign managers (Harold Watson and Gregg Waycaster). In addition, you can ﬁnd more information at www.beyondourwalls.org. We welcome any and all questions at any time.